Friday, April 04, 2008

"G" is for...Great Grandma

What a special day!!! The day that my children get to meet their Great Grandma for the first time! I am very close with Grandma and know what a special person she is, she has 94 years of wisdom to offer so this is always a special time. We always make a special trip in the early months of their lives so that they are able to meet Great Grandma.

This trip to Utah was especially needed as Avalon had not had the chance to meet her namesake, Great Grandma Dudley. Grandma loves babies and I always find it so special to be the witness of the babies looking into Grandma's eyes and getting to know her, soaking in her knowledge and wisdom.

What a special bond that is made in such a short time.
This trip we also took the time and made a side trip to Burley, Idaho to see Monte's Grandma Rucker. Our kids were able to spend a day with her and get to know her as well. It was a wonderful visit and we had a great time catching up with her.


I love that we made it possible for our kids to meet and get to know their Great Grandmas. We did miss seeing one Great Grandma as she was in California visiting her sisters, her age has not slowed her down, that is for sure. I am so glad that we took the time to share our children, see our precious Grandmothers and enjoy all their wisdom, advice and love that they have to offer. I do believe that with age all things become better!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you guys that you got to visit grandparents. I bet they and your kids loved it! I can't wait for my grandma Nelson to see Ashlynn she loves loves babies and I miss her a ton!

Andrea said...

Wow...that is So cool JoAnn! What a neat experience for your children! great-grandmas are the best~ How fun that you got to go to UT too!! ok so i talked to Susan about our VT assignments....and yep you guessed it--it was a mistake! :( Oh well, i was excited to come see your house finally! Anyways, i am adding you to my blogroll--i hope you don't mind!!

Becky T said...

That is so sweet. I think that's so neat that you make it a point to see her. We kind of try to do the same thing with my grandma & Garrett's grandma. I want my kids to know my grandmas. It's so neat that you guys did this!