Monday, December 24, 2007

"I" is for...I Love You

This is too cute not to post and since Santa is working his way to our house (he was in Japan last we checked) I thought it would be fun to share.
December 20th was Anali's Preschool Holiday party. The parents were invited to attend and the kids shared some cute songs and activities with us. Just as we started the story "Twas the night before Christmas", what did we hear but jingle bells in the back ground, followed by a hearty "Ho Ho Ho". The look on the kids faces were priceless, as you can tell from this surprised look on Anali's face.
Santa had come to visit and let each Preschooler sit on his lap and give him their wish list. Anali informed him in a happy but somewhat shaky voice that she wanted a "My Little Pet Shop and a Leapster." She was so big and proud!!!


Next they sang Jingle bells with Santa and then the teacher turned the time over to the kids to ask Santa questions. Anali's hand was the first and only hand that went up and she was so excited when Santa pointed at her. She sat there somewhat in awe, not sure she had a question and if she did not knowing what to say. Then just as they were ready to move on, she shouted out a "I LOVE YOU SANTA!!!" I think I might have seen tears in Santa's eyes as it was the most sincere and heartfelt I Love You a little girl could say.



As the day went on, she was so excited to tell her friends and people we saw that she had seen Santa (even though we had seen Santa at the mall several weeks ago, this was "way cooler" as Anali would say) It is so amazing that the 3 small words "I Love You" can mean so much.

No comments: