Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"W" is for...WHAT!!!

That's right WHAT!!! I looked at the calendar today and realized that it was the END OF JULY! I'm not sure what has happened to June but it is gone as is July for the most part.

I am a slacker on the posting front. I have no excuse for the lack of posts, but a promise to try and do better. Here are some of our summer highlights....

Jumping on the Tramp with the sprinkler (until the 90 mile winds blew it over the fence)

Staying cooled off while eating popcorn and watching a show with friends

Enjoying the first sparkler on 4th of July


A trip to Minnesota to enjoy one of their 10,000 lakes, the beach and friends

Lego Land

Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America

Avalon Turning 8 Months

Nine Months

And today 10 Months.

We have also.....

  • had a flooded basement
  • enjoyed Gymnastic Classes
  • rode lots of miles on our bikes
  • eaten our fair share of ice cream
  • learned to crawl, pull-up and climb the stairs
  • enjoyed lots of time with our friends
  • taken walks to the library
  • jury duty all of July
  • enjoyed our first dance class
  • been sick on and off this summer
  • been getting ready for a Gymnastics Meet
  • and are currently taking swimming lessons.

So there you have our summer in a nut shell. Hopefully there will be some time before school to slow down and breath!

6 comments:

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

Glad you found me. Great to see your cute fam too! Hyrum is now wearing so many of the clothes you gave him. hope all is well. keep in touch
Sunny

Taylor said...

Yeah - for updating your blog. I check it almost everyday! Glad you are having a busy, fun summer. We are so excited that we get to see you at the end of the month! I can't wait for you to meet Paisley and for me to meet Avalon. Have a great day!!!

{Erica} said...

love your update! Your summer sounds busy and perfect! I miss seeing you!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Good to hear from you. I love Avalon's bows. Did you make them? I want some. I hope Iowa is treating you well. We miss everybody! Jessie

Sarah Hastings said...

I thought you were dead! I am glad that you are alive and doing well and aren't making excuses for your sad lack of posting. Sounds like you are having fun, cute pictures!

cshel said...

It's nice to get caught up with your family. We miss seeing you more often. Sounds like your summer has been like ours - busy, busy but so fun, with just a few glitches along the way. (no flooding here; but some wind damage outside!) Your kids are getting big - especially Avalon!